Sunday, April 08, 2007

little red dot

Last Thursday I attended the opening for the Mid Atlantic hand pulled print show at the Ellipse center in Arlington. As they announced awards for the exhibit I found out this piece was selected and purchased by the Cultural Affairs division of Arlington County. What a surprise! I spotted the little red dot immediately but was thrilled to find it will hang in a public space for many to see and enjoy!

I created this piece last summer while studying at Penland School of Art and Craft in North Carolina. It's and etching titled Saturday morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! That's awesome news.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa! Congrats! It is indeed a beautiful piece, I love it.
Patricia Correa (PATCo)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home