Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sketch as you go!

My long awaited article on keeping a sketchbook while you travel is now out in the July August, volume 13, issue of Cloth Paper Scissors! I've got three spreads starting on page 56 (not that I have it memorized or anything). The article features my sketchbooks from France and Italy, along with an article and tips on how to get started and recommended materials.

Check it out!!! This is my first article but not my last. You can click here to view the current issue, and link to the table of contents, but will need to get to a bookstore to view the real thing.

I'd especially like to thank Lesley Riley. This fellow collage book artist guru - was nice enough to say yes when I called her out of the blue over a year ago and asked if she would mind taking a peek at my sketchbooks and giving me some feedback. Often artists are hesitant to share information, or offer suggestions, but not this hip chic. My, my, how a little positive reinforcement can go such a long way. Merci Lesley.

If you'd like to find out more about my sketchbooks, artwork, or upcoming classes please go to my web site at mphackmann.com. I'll be posting more books and paintings in the next few months as I get ready to teach at the Art and Soul retreat this October in Portland, Oregon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbi Crane said...

Congrats on the article. It looks great!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home