Thursday, July 19, 2007

My new additions added to the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities collection

I've just had three prints acquired by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities. And I'm thrilled! After the Artomatic show wrapped up in the spring I received a letter from the commission requesting an application for their art bank collection. They accepted all three prints. I'm looking forward to finding out more details about where they will be placed. Artwork in the art bank collection is loaned to other government agencies in DC and on display in public areas. Perfect! I can't ask for more than having the work displayed for many to see and enjoy.

The series of prints they selected are monotypes with loads of collage integrated into the surface. The one pictured here is titled Awake.

While it's 3 less prints for me to display at the Torpedo Factory in the Printmakers inc. studio I'm happy to make more. Currently, the show in our studio highlights another monotype series I created, along with a group of artwork by Torpedo Factory artists who work in mediums other than print. (painting, sculpture, etc.) The Artists choose Artists show opens Sunday, July 29th, from 3-5, hope you can join us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home