Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mission accomplished

After going through three rolls of paper towels, several PBJ's, one pound of beeswax, a roll of freezer paper, who knows how much acrylic paint, a roll of parchment paper, a dozen bags of microwave popcorn, a half liter of matte medium, 18 apples, two bottles of gesso, three vacume bags, and a case of diet coke — I survived the three weeks and accomplished what I set out to do. Using what I already had in my studio, (other than that one trip for more matte medium) I spent this time developing my mark making, pictograms, and experimenting with new subject matter, palettes, formats, and materials. Once I've enjoyed a fews days out of the studio and away from the heaps of new artwork, I plan to assess what happened. After being so immersed in the process it's difficult to see the woods through the trees. Within the 80 or so works I completed I'll be looking for seeds of potential new projects to explore in the next year.

Here's a shot from the last day. This book is about one inch tall. I've incorporated brass brads, sea glass, wood, linen thread, ink, and paper.


Blogger Lesley Riley said...

I want to be you when I grow up.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home