Thursday, January 04, 2007

Storytime

That's the theme of this years Corcoran's Print Portfolio. We we're challenged to considering political stories, journals, diaries, comic book forms, moral stories, horror stories, imagined, biblical, historical, satire, childhood stories etc. etc. Well that's a heck of a lot more interesting to me that Little Bo Peep.

It's my fourth year participating in this exciting project. I love that there's a theme to launch off of, and a group of enthusiastic people to brainstorm with. It's the graphic designer in me. The group decides on a theme in a rather fast and fluid meeting, then it's up to you. The only restraints are other than size is that it must be a hand pulled print. Etching, Relief, Silkscreen are all fair game. This year I did a combination of Linocut and Silkscreen. And pulled the last print today! I love that feeling. At the end of the project there will be a show at the Kathleen Ewing Gallery in Dupont circle. The Opening reception is set for Tuesday, February 6th - mark your calendar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home