Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Opening night at Nevin Kelly Gallery

Someone asked me what I liked best about art - I said the openings! Does that count? We had a great time last week at the opening. If you missed it, scoot over to the Nevin Kelly Gallery, the show will be up for the next few weeks. The highlight of my evening was meeting the other artists who I have long admired, and having a chance to talk with Nevin the gallery owner. Seeing my artwork hanging next to theirs was the icing on the cake! Here's a shot of me with a fellow artist visiting from NCY Rodney Durso. We met last summer while studying drawing and painting at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts.

The show was curated by Gallerina Julia Morelli. (I can imagine that it was no small task to arrange the diverse pieces in this show) She has an amazing eye for detail. In addition to help running the gallery she also maintains their gallery blog. The last time I checked I was the topic of the day! For a non-printmaker she has a crystal clear understanding of the techniques I've used. Click here to read more about my approach and her glowing review of my artwork on their gallery blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, sorry I missed it. How exciting.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home