Wednesday, November 15, 2006

so much art so little time

Whenever I'm out (especially in a place like NYC) I always seem to have collected handfuls of random bits of paper by the end of the day. While I was in NYC I saved this bright green ticket from the Whitney, a business card, postcards, directions, matches from where we had dinner, addresses of gallery's and paper stores, and one cool found scrap on the street. Some of these papers are so well designed and produced that I can't bear to throw it out. It's a piece of that moment. Much of it gets placed into my sketchbook. This is a good system for me for two reasons. First, I can collect all these mini samples of art and design and give them a proper place to be enjoyed. And second, when I want to remember where we had dinner or the address of my favorite flower shop I can usually find it in my sketchbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home