Thursday, November 02, 2006

book it over to see this show

Last night I was incredibly lucky to be invited to the opening reception for the Book As Art show at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. I have been to the museum before, but it was a real treat to be there for the opening. Gorgeous work and a room full of happy artistic people. Just heaven! It's a thrill for me to know some of the artists who have books in the show including Michelle Geiger, Kerry McAleer-Keeler, Carol Barton, Karen Kunc, and Renee Stout. Not to be bias, but those are some of the best pieces in the collection. I highly recommend checking this show out.

These books are not in that show (although I wished it were!). I love books and will be making more this winter. I'll have these at the open studio this weekend if you want a closer look, and be taking special orders for those who are interested. I adore paper: bright, dull, textured, wrinkled, thin, heavy, patterned, translucent, opaque - you name it! My flat files filled fast. There are hints of my paper obsession in my prints, collages, and most definitely my books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home