Thursday, October 26, 2006

Inspiration for the day

I'm getting ready for the open studio. Yesterday I spent day in the print studio, but before I left I looked outside my back door for some color influences. I need a new thread to follow today.


My first step in the process is to sketch out a few ideas. I'm trying to work out color and shape I might want. I create word lists, color palettes, and drawings to get started. I then mix and roll out inks and arrange my chincolle (collage bits) papers according to what I think will work well with my initial ideas. Then it's time to just get messy and do it.

By the time I left I had a nice handful of new work. Some I love, some experimental, and some that will go back into my collage or card making bin. Tomorrow will be a collage day. Tonight I have an opening to go to at the Arlington ellipse center, I have two pieces accepted into the current Arlington Salon show (it's up until December 16, 2006)



2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley Riley said...

The new blog looks GREAT! I'm so glad you're up and running. I love peeking into your creative process too. Can't wait for more!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for your opening Melissa!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home