Thursday, October 26, 2006

Assemble. Attach. Repeat.

Today was dedicated to collage. All my ripped and prepared papers are laid out on my table (floor, counter, windowsill) and ready to go. My studio is total chaos (nothing new in this house) but there is a method to my madness. I need to see all my bits of paper goodness while I'm feeling my way through what pieces want to be next to each other. Say it loud say it proud. I have also taken over the dining room and living room as overflow... My husband is nice enough to tip toe around them and not even raise an eyebrow. He simply says - is there an artist in the house?

I was lucky to have the opportunity to assist Jonathan Talbot and Katie Dell Kaufman recently in a collage workshop. It was 2 intense days of collage and creativity. Katie can speak volumes about collage artists alone, not to mention the never ending options available to you with alternative materials. It was educational and inspirational enough to keep the process going on my own. That's the best! The graphic designer in me enjoys this constant compositional game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home