Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 21

Here's a peek at number 75 and 76 that I worked on yesterday. I've repainted that box four times in the last three weeks and yesterday I covered it with paper and filled it with branches and waxed rice paper. I think Joseph Cornell would have liked it (and then he would have added 2 birds and a compass). The second piece was inspired by Annette Messager - I have gathered at least 4 different examples of her work as inspiration. The more I see the more I like.

I vowed to create as much artwork as I could in the last three weeks and today's the last day. I'm not sure if I'll use up all the extra paper I've already cut down, or paint, or wax, or sew, or... I just don't know. But I'll be doing as many as possible between now and midnight (hopefully before then). I'm on my way up to the studio to work it out now. I plan to be celebrating tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boooooooring

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lesley Riley said...

You deserve a BIG celebration! Hope I'll be part of it.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home