Friday, July 25, 2008

Inside Inspiration – Water Based Media

I have a few spots left in the one week workshop I'll be teaching this fall (September 21-27) at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts. Sign up here! It's a creative mecca tucked in the smoky mountains of Tennesse. The campus is gorgeous and there's plenty of room to lay out your art toys for the week and play. Ahh... the very thought of not having relocate materials (and myself) for a week and focus (aka play) without distractions gets me in the mood to start packing now!

And as a matter of a fact, I have started packing. A lumber crayon here, a wood burner there, here some ink, there some paint, everywhere a graphite stick! I've been experimenting here in my studio on some new ideas and materials that I'll be bringing with me. It's going to be a mark making marathon!

Inside Inspiration – Water Based Media:
Translate memorable experiences into visuals in various ways with the goal of exploring mixed media. This class will include daily demonstrations in drawing, composition, color, collage, and approaches for mixing them together. Experiment with a variety of water based materials and collage in big and small ways. Use class time to experiment with materials and pursue more in-depth individual projects. Later in the week, you will have the option to work in a larger format. Beginner level, even if you don’t draw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home