Thursday, June 05, 2008

Welcome to the National Museum of Women in the Arts Melissa

I just received a letter in the mail from the curator of book arts at the National Museum of Women in the Arts and they were pleased to inform me that after careful consideration the Works of Art Committee is delighted to accept my book, Inside my mind, for inclusion in the museum's collection.

Well I just about burst into flames. I couldn't be happier. I called my mom, studio mates, friends and anyone who would listen (and not ask a book huh?). I think it's scheduled to be on display in 2009.

If this isn't motivation to get in the studio and make more, I don't know what is. When I think back to last summer (just about a year ago to the day) when I made it, I remember I was relaxed, I was experimenting, and I was having fun. I started off in the morning enjoying the process and was not terribly concerned about the outcome. Unusual for me. Lucky for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Melissa!!! You go girl!! Even from afar, I check in on you from time to time on your blog. Thanks for being so good at continually updating it! Mel

3:52 PM  
Blogger Debbi Crane said...

Congratulations!! So proud of you!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home