Sunday, February 03, 2008

begone begone begone

Here she is, with 39 of her closest friends. My latest print begone will be exhibited with about 30 other prints for the 2008 Corcoran print portfolio. This is my fifth year in the show. This years theme is you won't believe your eyes. I can't wait to see how other interpreted it.

be·gone /bɪˈgɔn, -ˈgɒn/ – verb (used without object)
to go away; depart (usually used in the imperative)

The first year I participated, I dropped my print off to Georgia Deal and we looked at the stacks of prints that had been delivered for the show. Hundreds of hand printed prints, it was like unwrapping presents. WOW, I felt so honored to be part of that group and have wanted to participate ever since.

When I produce this many prints it's impossible not to keep learning and fine tuning my process. I seem to improve my craft in one way or another every year. It's a bear to print such a large edition. Carve, carve, carve. Print yellow, yellow, yellow, and repeat. I start with about 50 sheets in hopes to get 35 good consistent prints. (and five proofs) And even then there are a few wiley ones that creep in. I spent the afternoon signing them and dropping them off. Ahhhh! It always feels great to sign them off and kiss them good bye... I know they're going to a good home. I can't wait to see the entire portfolio at the opening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jordana said...

I wish I could come see the print portfolio this year! Your print looks great. :)
Jordana Eisen

10:39 PM  
Blogger Debbi Crane said...

really love this

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! looks even better than the sketches! i love her!
m

6:07 PM  
Blogger Lesley Riley said...

Ab-soul-utely Beautiful!
Still waitin on a baby here. How are you and yours?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home