Sunday, November 18, 2007

100 days old

It's been 100 days since the birth of our son. Just heavenly. The fastest 100 days of my life. While my art making has slowed down a bit - my pace has not. I never knew what new mothers went through. Balancing studio hours, teaching, marketing, painting, printing and diaper changing feels like the race that never ends (and don't even think about napping!)

These are some of the images from a sketchbook I've dedicated to Kailen. No it's not a baby book for him, it's mine. Here's a few other thing I've been able to keep moving along in the past few months...

I had a great meeting with the notorious Kyrstyna Wasserman at the National Museum of Women in the Arts to review my hand made books. (Whoowee! That's been on my list of things to do before I die) Currently I have one book under review by their committee. (have my fingers crossed that it will be accepted into the collection)

Instructed sketchbook workshops to several talented students at the Art League in Alexandria and the Lee Arts Center in Arlington.

Invited to teach a week long mixed media workshop at Arrowmont School of Arts and Craft, Tennessee in the fall of 2008! I'm thrilled, Arrowmont was the first artist residency I attended.

And last but not least changed approximately 1.3 million diapers.

I'm ready for a nap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley Riley said...

I am ready to sign up for your Arrowmont class! Glad to see you are out & about and making art in between the diaper changes.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, send more info on your classes, or let me know where to get the info! I taught in Arlington, and now teach in Alexandria!!! (I live in Springfield.)
Paula

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jordana said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant last year!! Congratulations, I always thought u'd be an awesome mom.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home