Sunday, July 29, 2007

Home stretch

Here's a shot of the cover and inside of a book I completed at an artist residency last month, titled Home Stretch. It's an artist book made of paper and altered with collage, ink, paint, and burlap. I love this little guy, it's a 3.5" square and about 28" when fully extended, chunky and funky. While it's hard to tell from the photo, this book extends like and accordion, all the pages remain connected and the imagery continues on both sides.

My process starts by altering large sheets of paper with a loose theme in mind, then I trim and assemble the pieces according to what fits together best. Next I attach the pages to each other and continue to alter with varied marks until it's no longer calling out for any further action.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clara said...

The process for your book sounds interesting and fun. Love the look of it.

Clara

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home